Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A Candy Dish of Moomints

Tomorrow I have a final interview one day before my last day of employment. Nothing says security like scoring with three seconds left on the clock in overtime. I'll be back to share the news on that one.

Touching moment at the daycare today. The twin boys who lost their mom...In the past I would regularly sit down and spend a little time playing with Omar, Kyley, and the other kids at the activity tables. So anyhoo, Kyley's used to me, his twin not as much. This is the first day I've seen him and he came to me in the cubby area and he seemed just as happy as always, talking away to me and smiling. His twin brother Danny came right up to me with a "will you tie my shoe?" :-) Then he began to tell me stories about his mom, "she died you know" and how she had one of those beavers from the cell phone commercials...He was doing a little dance and smiling. Too cute I tell ya. Omar wants to have them both over to the house. The daycare is making an exception and allowing the older brother who's ten (normally they only allow up till 9yrs) back into the daycare in lieu of the death of their mom.

Spoke with my friend in LA tonight - gawd I miss her. Also spoke with Banana today...Might go visit her tomorrow. Her son has "sixty-five roses" or aka cystic fibrosis. He's been asking about Omar.

I've spent time on the trails for the last couple of nights - they are in mint condition and I can't describe what a positive frame of mind that scene offers. While Omar complained about his bike, I stopped him and gave him the choice of cutting out the incessant complaining or going home to chill out. I can only take so much of that. We talked it out and later in a better frame of mind Omar suggested we give this bike to C.B. when he gets his new one.

Ah, Kids!

Oh, and as an..umm...side..note? (as opposed to a side dish)...My cat has taken to eatting just the anterior portion of the mice she leaves just out the back door. Today I found the tails and the hide quarters of two mice in the grass. This is new and most definately a message to my change to her diet I would suspect. Previously the mice were merely mauled and left to discover, such as the time Corwin and Clara came for a swim.

I really need a digital camera. You shoulda seen the two silver rubbery tails, the curled up feet, the exposed and bloody spines. But alas, this is only for me to view! What a treat. Ah, hell it beats the year I found the black squirrel bloated and floating around.

Cheers All!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home