Tuesday, September 19, 2006

"What's Up?" You say...Well.

Spent the day on my bike yesterday. Simply devine.

While wasting time on the computer, I look out the window to see my cat with what appears to be a rather large chipmunk in her mouth. Turns out it was a baby bunny. This explains why I must not run out of her favourite food. Moving rather swiftly...."CAT!!!" I yell from the porch, then more angrily "CAT!" She's hunched over her full meal deal eyeing me. The tiny bunny lets out a squeek.

Managing to get the cat to drop the bunny is one thing, getting her in the house is another. It went down something like this: Cat drops the bunny - good cat, drop the bunny, now step away from the bunny. Dog shows up on scene - thought my backup would never arrive. Shift in energy, cat has moved from HUNTER stance into housecat role. I pick her up and toss her inside. She's eating now. Thankfully I didn't need to throw my running shoe at her, although I was completely prepared to do so.

The wee bunny had taken refuge close to my house in the hostas - good broad leaf protection. I just hope he/she finds his/her way home.

Sigh.

I need to go back to work - this is too stressful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home