Sunday, April 02, 2006

The Suck, Spit and Swallow of Learning, Giving and Believing

Red Hot Chili Peppers sang me awake this morning. Mm. That was nice. I lived on a diet rich in “By The Way” for an entire year. Very filling.

Yoga was a delightful surprise. Better than the last (and only) gym yoga class I had ever done or would want to do again. While nothing has compared to Jean’s classes - that woman is gifted! In addition to her talents, there is the atmosphere; the candle, the incense, the music, the stain glass and the fact that it is attached to a church. What am I thinking?! Jean’s hugs!!! Without her greeting me at the beginning of a class, watching her come at me with her little penguin shuffle and that warm-welcoming embrace. Being a student under Jean's instruction for over three years, spring cleanses, breathing, meditation guided by Supreme Master Ching Hai... It turns out the lesson was for me not to compare, but to take everything I had practiced into the class with me. With that attitude, this morning our instructor Carol may have sounded (and looked) like a drill sergeant, but it didn’t take long to find that peaceful place within myself. Portable peace :-)

Before I knew it I was sitting at the front row at my son's concert flanked by my parents and bud-dad. It takes a child’s recital to show just how emotionally repressed one is (a lot). He did wonderfully, like a pro - he says he enjoyed it "A Lot!" All the children were precious, I did all I could to keep from bawling, especially when this little girl sang Breakaway (I'm including this for you Canada - my dear friend and music therapist, knock yourself out and analyse me - be kind ;-)) I'm not sure if it was the little girl singing or the lyrics or if I am just more emotional right now, either way, it was endearing. Anyhoo, afterwards we all headed out for celebratory pizza and now I’m trying to get some ironing and laundry done before I sit down with some tea….

The last book I was really able to get into was Life of Pie by Canadian Author Yann Martel. SIGH. I need a new read…Something that will grab me and hold my attention the whole way through.

The coupon’s for Marnie Bins birthday are ready. She’s been SUPER step-mom lately, so step-daughter Smashley and I came up with a little somthing special for her. I may have had to sell my soul for the colour printer, but it was worth it, here’s how some of the coupons look:

Ah, SUCKS! You will not see how they look because of my tech-NO-savy curse. Blasted. Grr.

OK, to compensate, please enjoy:


3 Comments:

Blogger Canada said...

First of all. . . IRONING?!!???!!! What the fuck is wrong with you? And you think I'm organized? Sheesh. . . . it saves a lot of time to avoid all ironing possible. Moving on. . .

As to the teary factor - I get choked up at the dance recital. During other people's kids performances, not just my own children. And both times when I saw The Lion King (the musical), I completely teared up at the first few notes of the opening song (the Circle of Life). And it is performed with the house lights UP, so EVERYONE can see. Could be the music, could be the lyrics, could be the Mommy factor. Whatever. Just bring Kleenex, and have a good weep. :-)

Monday, 03 April, 2006  
Blogger nancycle said...

Relax. I was ironing the cream slip covers. You know the tea cup ikEEa chairs? Rasta Dog gets em real dirty :-)...

Wednesday, 05 April, 2006  
Blogger Canada said...

This is why you need a steamer!

Thursday, 06 April, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home