Sunday, December 17, 2006

Happy Holy Days

Upon arriving at the OIA (Ottawa International Airport) you see, it’s a modest airport, the ride down the escalator deposits you at the bottom of a water wall and baggage pick up. I happen to notice the Christmas decorations; I also notice that the Ottawa airport has included two GIGANTIC Dreidels on top of the carrousels. Did I mention that they are GINORMEOUS? Huge. Really-really big. Now, I don’t want to be misunderstood, I have nothing against Jewish people or Hanukkah – I have Jewish friends, worked for Jewish people for the past ten years, dated a Jewish guy. The Dreidel is just SUPER BIG. Impressive really.

So, I’m at home listening to the news and I hear about a Judge who removed the Christmas tree from the courthouse. Wuh?!?! She didn’t think it was right to have people of other faith walk into the courthouse to see such a display of Christianity. Sheesh…. What’s the matter with people!? Even people of other religions told her to put the Christmas tree back up and she was told that rather than removing Christmas, she should have included a little something from all other faiths to make it multi-faith.

I wonder how far off the OIA is from honoring that one too.

It's about time that SOMEONE put it all together, huh?

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger crse said...

i just read something like this in upper new york. they took down everything and the jewish community asked them to put the tree back up. I loved that. And then to put a note next to it saying that it was up at the request of the jewish community so people wouldnt give grief. This is why i love the holidays.

Tuesday, 19 December, 2006  
Blogger Canada said...

Cool on the dreidels!!! I guess it was too early when I flew into YOW.

Tuesday, 19 December, 2006  
Blogger nancycle said...

Azoy vert dos kichel tzekrochen!

Tuesday, 19 December, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home