Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Safety In Numbers

Normally I sleep uninterrupted, like a baby.

For whatever reason, building a mystery maybe...too tired to sleep? Here I am. Then a flash appears, no the paparazzi haven't found me , but it does seem to me that the sky is cracking open.

What could be disturbing me? I'm kinda hungry or maybe it's...

Oprah featured guests whose partners discovered they were gay. I can relate. One gentleman who's wife was always "a little bi-sexual" realized she liked women more than men. He summed up it up for me best; the death of the dream is the hardest part. Needless to say I'm as straight as an arrow, but for obvious reasons, this show caught my interest.

This coupled with this
news: A truck driver who opened fire inside a tiny Amish schoolhouse in Pennsylvania, killing four students, sent the boys outside before tying up the girls and shooting them at close range, police say. Guess this is what happens when people don't process their anger properly.

Who's to say what's stirred me?

Before I find better things to do, like grabbing a book to ride out the passing storms, a thought occurred to me while laying in bed that maybe you could help me with.

In a fight, if Bruce Lee and Jackie Slater were placed in a 200 ft long, 8.5 ft wide corridor with a an 11ft high ceiling and offensive lineman Jackie Slater came charging at Bruce Lee, all 6'4", 277lbs, full torque, who'd win the take down?

OMAR'S WISDOM

"From The Breakfast Table"

Mom: Omar, who is the best fictional fighter you can think of?

Omar: Bugs Bunny ... Err ... No, Sonic

Mom: OK, we'll use Bugs Bunny first, then Sonic. Now, who is the meanest badest character you can think of? (btw, who saw that coming?? BB?? Wow, kid's a bloody genius!)

Omar: You know that guy with the beard and the guns?

Mom: Yosemite Sam?

Omar: Yeah!

Mom: OK, if they were put in a corridor, who'd win the fight?

Omar: Bugs Bunny.

Mom: OK, but WHY?

Omar: Cuz Bugs Bunny ALWAYS wins.

Who can argue with that?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home