Monday, October 02, 2006

Give It Like You're Gonna Get It

Dave over at Blogography has it right, recognizing October as Breast Cancer Awareness Month. So, you're stuck with the pink for now. Besides I like "my girls" and I like my life just fine. So if you're gonna give it, give it like you're gonna get it.

I'm working on sharing some other things about myself here. Not something I'm so good at sometimes. Right now, I'll share that I'm chowing down on the best damn chilli going. I do like to cook.

"The Boss" is back for the afternoon. In place of a high chair, linking two climbing slings together works perfectly to bind a child into a kitchen chair. Perfectly acceptable providing you know how to tie the knot. Lucky for her, I do, and luckily for us, she was cooperative anchored in there all nice and snug.

Completely fed up with waiting for the job offer to appear I called the Branch Manager this morning and told him I needed to plan. Enough is enough. He told me I'd have the offer by tomorrow. While I believe in waiting for something good, and even though I do have my sites set, quite frankly, I'm tired of dicking around.

I'm a woman, I can be emotional like that from time to time. Prime time to book a day of paint ball. Nothing better than shooting at something you've taken aim at. I'm feeling down right fit to be tied today.

From my "Girl's Only" playlist, Sheryl Crow's "Strong Enough To Be My Man", Sarah MacLaughlin "I Will Remember You" and Terri Clark's "Girls Lie Too" play out. Like it or not, here I am. Life has taken it's one kick at this cat and stretched me to my limit.


What doesn't kill you...

For the rest of you.... I'll always have Paris, a nice place to visit, wouldn't want to live there...you know how it goes. Here's one of my favourite pics, simply because I envisioned the picture, I knew what I wanted to see and I made it happen steady as can be with my father's beautiful old Tripod.


*Click on it to make it all BIG and yummy.*

Norah Jones says is best...

Come Away With Me,

Nancy


















Paris - April 2005

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Dave2 said...

I took many photographs while I was in Paris, but they never quite seemed to measure up to reality. Paris is so "alive" that it's difficult to capture as an image... your shot does a much better job of it than anything I've got! :-)

Monday, 02 October, 2006  
Blogger nancycle said...

Thanks Dave :-) Maybe I'll post another one sometime.

Monday, 02 October, 2006  
Blogger Canada said...

Awesome pic, chickie. Good for you on calling the branch office. Them dudes need you to kick their asses into gear!!!!

ps I'm hating this Beta Blogger stuff. :)

Tuesday, 03 October, 2006  
Blogger nancycle said...

Ninja Nance moves into action.

Tuesday, 03 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home