Sunday, December 31, 2006

Country Livin' Part TWO

Watching movies was more the speed of the house. Mission Impossible III was excellent, Waist Deep ~ not what I'd normally choose to watch, but it was pretty good. Even got to watch Honey I Shrunk the Kids. Eventually I mustered up the energy to figure out how to put this gingerbread house together. It required using melted sugar, which heats to the close proximity of BOILING HOT LAVA. I took the Holmes on Homes (LOVE that guy " "If you're going to do something, do it right the first time" words I've heard time and time again from MY father) approach when building and had the kids decorate. Here we feature Omar's side of the house with some candies already mysteriously missing and yes, those are gummy bear shutters. This is the final product, note the stain glass windows (melted hard candies) and areas where the sugar used as binding leeched through the icing sugar snow making it look just like the dogs had peed on our little sugar shack, so naturally I added some poo piles of chocolate. Hey, I heard that if I hadn't grown up by the time I was fifty, I didn't have to, so there!




Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhh you are very talented....all this with a head cold no less...

Sunday, 31 December, 2006  
Blogger nancycle said...

head cold hadn't hit yet, I was in between illness at that moment and yes, my talent amazes me even...

Sunday, 31 December, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home