Sunday, December 24, 2006

For Christmas Eve, I give you...The Kittens




















When a thin little feral cat showed up at my backdoor meowing to come in, I had no idea that she was pregnant with a litter of six kittens. Nor did I expect she'd eat as much dog food as she did!

The birth was unbelievable, she was an excellent mamma cat. It was heartbreaking separating her from her kittens. Through some help from Friends of Abandoned Pets, homes were found for each of the kittens. Nobody ever claimed the momma cat a.k.a. Venezuela Bendara Chikita Banana III (Baby Girl for short), so she became a part of our family.

Note there were three breeds of kittens - 3 Tabby, 2 Tortoiseshell (or Calico or Torbie) and 1 Smoke (at least that's what the animal hospital called the runt). That must have been some night!
One of my favourite kittens went to a real cat lover, she sent me this picture of "Bright Eyes" using her as a spring board.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home