Sunday, April 16, 2006

Safe or Not?

The Warhols and I went climbing and then for Vietnamese Saturday. Gotta love climbing with the Warhols....Early to bed.....Early to rise.....

What could be better than taking a short nap in the middle of your day? That's precisely what I did today.

There was a bear sighting today. It's true. Had his head stuffed inside a honey pot. I swear it's true!


The trails were awesome as usual. Although and here's the tricky part. Occasionally I get freaked out by riding alone. Being Easter Sunday, the trails were more populated than usual. As I rounded a corner there was some dude lurking in the trees. I was startled and was slowed down by a rather large muddy patch. He was apprehensive about where the trail would go, fair enough, I gave him the info he needed, but it still gives me a gut full of anxiety at times. Especially him, there was something creepy about him.

When I used to run the trails this paranoia would happen and finally I needed to surrender to getting some mace, stop running the trails or decide not to live in fear and if I meet my fate on the back 40, so be it, atleast I was enjoying life. I know how that sounds, but it's like people who smoke (not me :-D), or overeat, or let themselves stress. OK, I know I'm justifying it, but in all likelyhood, I'm probably more at risk driving to work.

I say that, but while checking the bird feeder spot today, the air, the view, the sun....ohh...soo...goood... I took a rest. It wasn't long before two other bikers road past me....that's around the time I heard myself say..."I need a gun".

It's all good. I won't stop riding alone and yes, I will actively search for a partner when I can. So hold back the lecture! Besides, I ride too often to always have a partner. I know what it was, it was that dude in the trees...He reminded me of someone...Most likely the person I'd have liked to use the gun on.


Sweet Dreams!

1 Comments:

Blogger Canada said...

I'm betting the dude in the trees is blogging even as we speak, about the petite blonde on the bike who scared the bejeezus out of him, and might have been a black belt in karate!

Monday, 17 April, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home