Saturday, April 15, 2006

Sweet and Sour Friday



I’d swear if I didn’t know better, I’d say that my cat was meditating. She has PERFECTED the “SPHYNX”. This new posture suits her well.

One of my favourite pics, here she is enjoying fish flavoured water - I ask you, if you're a cat, what could taste better? It was a good year ;-p.

It’s time for more incense and a trip downtown to THE MARKET where I’ll snag a mango smoothie and then cross the road into the Indonesian store that I adore so much. This trip solely revolves around the purchase of NAG CHAMPA. Seven empty boxes (yes, I counted) are scattered throughout my panty drawer…I found those along with a letter entitled “I'M DEAD! HERE'S MY WILL! :-) (yes, with a smiley face)”… My mother insisted I write something down before I went rock climbing in J Tree.

No wonder. This was the first climb my friend, my lover (of life and all things good :D) Dum-dum Anum took me on during our second New Years trip:




It’s called HEADSTONE….It didn’t even OCCUR to me (until I got back to Canada) that the rock name could have been referring to a headstone as in DEATH. Me and my Bikini Bottom Mentality, Spongebob/Patrick attitude of life thought “ugh, oh that’s funny a rock shaped like a big head” and then I climbed it with GLEE!!! Which would explain the very relaxed and happy expression I have in that pic...If I only had a brain...err...I mean scanner.


My friends ARE a most important part in my life. As my house burns my final stick of Nag Champa my thoughts are of Anum. He deserves an entire page to himself - for another day, here he is (it's not the one I'd like to post, but it's the one I need to post):



OK…I have a bike to ride.


BTW: Canada, yes...I do sense a relapse, entire body numb, emergency accupuncture treatment required.

HIGHLIGHTS OF "God Friday" include seeing an angelic Corwin in prayer on my right and a possessed Omar on my left. I think the music effected them ... differently. Have you ever seen anything more hilarious!!!!


After the fiasco of my chocolate falling in your peanut butter, a serendipidous event of tailgating you and your husband...The tossing of the several rather LARGE stumps, driftwood and other tree sections (one chucked from the bridge and each side - many smiles from people all around us) over the falls at Hog's Back rates a close second. Great way to spend the day!




2 Comments:

Blogger Canada said...

Omar - oh, man, that was TOO funny!!! Guess organ music isn't his favourite. And that probably wasn't what he meant when he asked my Husband to "make the fun begin". It's Good Friday - how much fun can there be? We'll have to bring him back on Christmas Eve - he might enjoy dressing as a shepherd/sheep/angel and getting a passport to Bethlehem. (it might almost be considered "fun"!)

Saturday, 15 April, 2006  
Blogger nancycle said...

Believe it or not, I think he WAS having fun and he was making his own fun begin!! LOL!!! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH

Saturday, 15 April, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home