Saturday, April 22, 2006

The Scratching Post

There's so much I want to write about the trails, my anxiety riding alone etc...But instead, I will focus on two things, 1) while blasting the dirt off my bike the other day, I flipped it over and scrubbed the "underbelly" of my bike with a brush tool and I could swear I heard the bike *giggle* - this may be my first warning sign that I'm spending too much time on my bike ;-) ...2) I've solved my no partner ride dilemna and went riding with a couple of new faces last Thursday and have several other contacts on the go.

Work is shaping up nicer than I could have ever hoped for. Seven opportunities surfaced immediately. As things become more contrete, I will write about them.

I have officially joined a weekly training program for the marathon. Last race my time was 54minutes, which meant I qualified for the full marathon (only by 6 minutes). I won't be able to make it to every training session due to parental obligations, but I'll get the lion's share. The meeting at the RCMP head quarters the other night was a super informative session with two very accomplished athletes. Posh meeting room too.

By the by, went for drinks with a friend after the meeting... We had an wonderful waiter, who I threatened to take home who called me "Dollie". Too bloody cute.

It's HOCKEY GAME in the house tonight. Omar's best buddy knows more about hockey than any seven year old I've EVER met. He knows standings, players, trades, past game scores, upcoming games, how the playoffs work, players goals....etc....Anyhoo, the boys are downstairs enjoying Montreal kicking Carolina's butt 4 : 1 .... I just heard "EEWWWWWWWW WHAT A SAVE BY JOSE" (Does the Story of Samson apply here?) followed by "FIGHT! FIGHT!" then "YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAA MONTREAL SCORED!!!!!" LOL too cute, time to replenish the fruit punch.

The Jeeper's celebrated Precious' birthday today. Omar and I had a great visit, he told his buddy about this bubble eating baby in belly laughs. That, along with the toxic bomb she let off in the containment area are high up there along with that giant floating flamingo (LOL) of fond memories. The Toronto gang and I had a lively discussion about trail use & protection and I *hope* as my buddy "Dave the Jew" says, concentric circles move mountains. I took away from it, the desire to use political power to our advantage.

Tell me this isn't thee most adorable picture you've ever seen?

Here she is:



Habs took it 6 : 1 !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home