Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Field Trip

The field trip was a hoot. I was given the honour of having three little guys to watch over, make sure they ate their lunches, to fetch rubber boots, apply sunscreen, bug spray and so on. My son was very happy that I was chosen to go on this feild trip and proud to have me ride the bus, so I wouldn't have to drive you know ;). The boys all sat together in one seat ~ very, very cute. In the morning after a rather indepth tutorial that included how to wash our hands and how much paper we were allowed to use to dry them, about twenty of us were released into the field with nets and clear cups to hunt and capture insects which were put into a large clear aquarium or pretty hanging butterfly lanterns. In the afternoon large nets scooped muck from the pond exposing long leeches, creepy crawlies, speedy beetles and so on that were collected in large plastic basins. It was nicethat I was familiar with so many of the children and other parents, it made the experience that much more enjoyable.

In other news work is working itself out slowly. Currently in salary negotiation with two offices and awaiting another reply...The consulting stuff is always a bonus and most fun.

The X has sufficiently pulled another mentally confusing maneouver with our son. He e-mailed me asking if could have Omar Friday night. Nope, we already made other plans, inviting a friend over for a sleepover. What does X do? When son is at his house he asks son if he'd like to come over on Friday night. (yes this is after e-confirmation) Seven year old says yes, OH but I can't we're having a sleep over. X says maybe if you ask your mom...

Son & I had a little talk about empathy.

ie. How did it feel when your dad cancelled on you on Father's day? Right, bad. Was he thinking about your feelings or his feelings? How do you think your friend would feel if you cancelled for Friday night. Right, bad. So would you be thinking about your feelings or his feelings?

Empathy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Canada said...

I'm gonna kick him, I swear I am!!!! Remember the time that he gave YOU shit about letting Omar open a birthday invite and get excited, but he wouldn't take him? How old IS he, anyway!?!?!?!(of course I mean X, I know how old Omar is - older in maturity then le pere!)

Thursday, 22 June, 2006  
Blogger nancycle said...

Yes, I remember. I've decided to let him live...For now. But don't provoke me ;)

Friday, 23 June, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home