Saturday, June 10, 2006

How Petty Is It?

The internet is shlepping and shining a couple of different "truths". So, based on Pareto's Principle allow me to punch a few more holes for these stars.

Is it that Delaware DJ Dan Gaffney has a point and has commented that he thinks RHCP's Dani California sounds very similar to Tom Petty's Mary Jane's Last Dance? And by the way, gee who is this Dan Gaffney? Opinionated? Observant? (note: check out a SAMPLE of his show)

Or...

Is Tom Petty accusing and will he be s u i n g either the Red Hot Chili Peppers or their Producer?

Neither of the two artist/bands involved makes any mention of this on their offical websites.

The power of medium to create awareness and to manipulate intrigues me. Does this coverage about this topic prompt me to buy either of these two albums. Does this hold potential to increase sales? If so, the old saying even bad publicity is good publicity is as tried and true, reliable as always.

Already both artists are on my FAVS list. While I haven't purchased the RHCP album yet, now I suspect I will do it sooner than later and heck yeah, will probably pick up a Petty CD too (note: I wanted to write "Album" ~ AGE ALERT!!!). Obviously I'll want to do the comparison myself now ;-) . Coke or Pepsi, which grass is greener? I simply MUST know!

Hats off to the Media Marketing Monster or Universal Laws or Agents if the knowledge of "out of sight, out of mind" has moved these two artists into that cash green limelight once again.

OR....

All my skeptisism aside, do we just have two songs that sound the same?

Something to check out and to avoid any plagiarism; as pulled from this blog.

Gaffney's show producer, Jarred Morris has posted a track on his blog demonstrating the similarities between the songs.


How shocking is it that Morris has received a death threat and hate mail?

2 Comments:

Blogger Boo said...

... how shocking is it that anyone actually CARES about this???

Sheesh - people are starving, being sold, being abused...etc.

I think these multi-millionaire rockers should take a look around themselves!

Talk about media manipulation - you're wasting your time on it too!!

Wednesday, 14 June, 2006  
Blogger nancycle said...

:-P

Go suck an egg.

Wednesday, 14 June, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home