Tuesday, June 06, 2006

If You're Into Evil...

I’m not sure if today or yesterday is/was National Hunger Awareness Day. Either way, someone’s hungry both days. Hmmm...

Today is also 6-6-6, or as they pointed out on Chez 106 it’s 06-06-06 aka the day of the Irish Evil. http://www.chez106.com/index2.jsp

Why the spirit of a boy will allow a woman to endure the journey of pregnant, delivery, nursing and raising:

While gardening this Saturday, Omar came to me rather distraught, hand extended, returning an earthworm to me. Taking the worm I noticed that it looked, well, frankly, scared. After a moment the worm extended from it’s recoiled posture and resumed normal worm behaviour wriggling across my hand. Head hanging low Omar sullenly admits to me that he had been "poking" the worm.

Of course we took a moment to explore the situation. This rates right up there with the day he came to me riddled with guilt, bordering on tears, with burrowed brow explaining "I was petting the cats fwur the wong way".

In other news, RHCP , Eric Clapton and Sheryl Crow are coming to town.


If MAN is the HEAD of a house,
then WOMAN is the HEART of a house.

5 Comments:

Blogger Boo said...

Could your kid be ANY cuter????

Tuesday, 06 June, 2006  
Blogger nancycle said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tuesday, 06 June, 2006  
Blogger nancycle said...

Yes, well, you decide, here's a story I omitted:

This morning after breakfast I requested that Omar go to the lavatory to "clean up" (peanut butter smeared on his cheek etc).

He returns knowing full well I would check his work. As I give him the once over and begin the nostril check mustering up my clinical approach and I'm sure leaving him with as much dignity as a woman with her legs in stirrups...I digress, suddenly he cranks his head away, clearly annoyed and tells me to BE CAREFUL!

With his face twisted in pain, he goes on to explain he has a hair growing out of his nose and I had pulled it.

Now, thoroughly intrigued, I go in for a closer inspection. This time, yanking his head angily with the extended version "MawwwM!"

Feeling awful I've hurt my poor angel, I whip out my Mother Theresa hat and with all the tenderness a child ought be granted I make my final attempt slowly focusing in a one inch hair extending from his right nostril. He plucked it from his head, shoved it up his nose, you know, just for laughs. Hardy-har-har.

How cute is he now?

Tuesday, 06 June, 2006  
Blogger Boo said...

Now, he's not only cute, he's got a rippin' sense of humour.

Tuesday, 06 June, 2006  
Blogger nancycle said...

You gotta come out and hang out with us soon!!

Pool goes up this weekend!! :-D

Tuesday, 06 June, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home