Monday, November 20, 2006

No Throwing Stones

With environmentalist David Suzuki
stepping out of the spotlight, (one of my all time favourite people - someone I would be HONOURED to have supper with & my personal hero – having been raised on Suzuki via my father’s influence…), I am happy to see that North Bay and
Calgary have been mentioned in the news recently for their efforts for creating energy efficient homes. Even last night’s news featured more and more green roofs going up in Toronto, something I had originally heard of from my all time favourite shopping store MEC.

Suzuki’s farewell remarks brilliantly put things into perspective:

'I feel like we are in a giant car heading for a brick wall at 100 miles an hour and everyone in the car is arguing where they want to sit. For God's sake, someone has to say put the brakes on and turn the wheel.'


ANATOMY OF A SOLAR COMMUNITY:

The circulatory system









Drake Landing Solar Community: How it works (Illustration courtesy Drake Landing Solar Community)


Can't wait to see Al Gore's movie AN INCONVIENIENT TRUTH.



Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger crse said...

I hear it is a disturbing yet eye opening look at the state of things. Back when I was young and thought i might have money one day, we dreamed of a solar home....

Monday, 20 November, 2006  
Blogger nancycle said...

crse - Not sure what the ROE is, but what I heard on the news was a 10% increase on the build. I wonder how accurate that is. I'm still in the learning curve on this one.

Tuesday, 21 November, 2006  
Blogger Canada said...

I want to see that movie, too. And no one wanted to go with me when it was out. Shall we rent it together, and possible enjoy some wine?

Tuesday, 21 November, 2006  
Blogger nancycle said...

canada - I don't recall getting that invitation to go see it with you when it was out. :-P

I'm hurt.

My feelings need validation.

You may grovel anytime now. Gifts work.

Tuesday, 21 November, 2006  
Blogger Canada said...

You were on the "eh, either way" train for that movie! I don't rememeber who came with us, but it was more than just you and me.

We'll rent it.

okay, and the word veri is making me laugh: IYFKUMS

Tuesday, 21 November, 2006  
Blogger nancycle said...

*sniff-sniff*

Hm? What's that smell?

Ooooh, it's that heaping pile of CRAP namely called your "invitation"!!!

As IF I'd turn down an environmental movie! (with YOU)

Sheesh! Waddaya take me for some kind of flake er sumpin?

K - we'll rent it, YOU PAY.

That's my final offer.


p.s. veri? Most likely your LAME attempt at throwing me off track.
YAWWWWWWWWN...Nice try. :-P

Tuesday, 21 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home