Friday, October 27, 2006

TV will you marry me?

That Changes Everything


I don’t watch TV very much anymore. The Simpsons will always catch my attention; The Family Guy recently had an episode that was so entirely amusing I wanted to send a thank you note. I used to watch a fair amount of TV, especially as a kid. TV was the “holding bay” that mom let us gravitate to while she got supper ready. I remember nothing more relaxing than coming home after a long day of being bullied to kick back in front of the Monkey’s, Three’s Company, Gilligan’s Island, I Dream of Genie, Bewitched, The Brady Bunch, The Partridge Family, Six Million Dollar Man (that was a favourite), Charlie’s Angels….By the time the holiday cartoon’s would hit, whoa! Charlie Brown, The Racoons, The Grinch….You know how it goes, the road runner just never got caught.

Today, after Seinfeld, after Cheers, after Fraser, long after Will & Grace, what do you watch? Sopranos, Six Feet Under, CSI, Grey's Anatomy…A little Jeoporady to seal the deal of just how much you don’t know? To me buying into a show, like Gilmour Girls for example, is an investment. You want to know the show’s gonna be around for a while before you ‘buy in’. Sometimes a show is “referred” to you by a friend or family member. My mother happens to like Everybody Loves Raymond. Good show.


Julia Louis-Dreyfus’s , THE NEW ADVENTURES OF OLD CHRISTINE., seems like a funny show, has potential. I just caught an episode “The Champ” where she keeps trying to resist sleeping with this guy, but his "linguistic talents" keep reeling her back. I like the characters, she’s a single mom with boy. Easy enough to relate to, but so many of the shows seem to be lacking that crack cocaine addictiveness that writers like that Curb Your Enthusiasm's Larry David are able to generate. Lately my son and I have taken to watching Malcom in the Middle. I like that Malcom is smart, the parents are a team (if you know what I mean), the boys do good bad-ass shit and often get caught.

Tonight I am going to check out Veronica Mars. I learned how popular she is from my exposure to Blogography (Dave has been mentioned a number of times now - I must be crushing on him :-) Hiiiii Dave)

Tonight’s episode:

"Like a Virgin" Meg's humiliation drives her from her social circle when the scores from a ``purity test'' become public, and Veronica sets out to find the person responsible for the leak.


How apropos that the Virgin (Virgo) gets to watch a Virgin episode called Like a Virgin.

K - gotta go! Show is ON.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger LiveStrong said...

Want few more good TV shows? Check out LOST and The Office. I am sure you will like them ;)

Friday, 27 October, 2006  
Blogger crse said...

Oh yes the Office is a completely addictive show. I feel the same about the investment process. I will NOT go through "My so-called life" or "freaks and geeks" again. It hurts too bad when the break up happens...

Saturday, 28 October, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Office is very good (Steve Carell is priceless!)! But you also have to check out the UK version of the Office. (with Ricky Gervais)

24 is an excellent show too.

Oh, yeah, LOST is da shit.

But the best show ever the Sopranos.

I can't believe how good TV shows have become in the last years.

You have a nice blog. Keep up the good work.

Saturday, 28 October, 2006  
Blogger nancycle said...

livestrong - I'll look for The Office and try to keep up with Lost ... Without getting lost! Thanks for the 411.

crse - Sounds like The Office is the way to go. A keeper. :-)

heaven nose - Not sure what I can get without a dish...24 is excellent, agreed...Lost is good, but the story line jumps around so much it's hard for me to follow. The Sopranos. Ahhh...The Sopranos recipe : Laptop, DVD & bed (sig other preferred). Thanks for sniffing me out and for your kind words.

Saturday, 28 October, 2006  
Blogger wafelenbak said...

I hate to say it, but I think any of us web-savvy-femmes who have been reading Dave's blog are cyber-crushing on him. Lucky bastard!

Saturday, 28 October, 2006  
Blogger nancycle said...

Diane - All the crush is good on the ego...BUT it's hard to wrap your arms around text. To be truly blessed we'd be hearing about his new squeeze. I wish this on him.

:-)

Saturday, 28 October, 2006  
Blogger wafelenbak said...

True dat.
Still, I want to be someone's cyber crush. :( And preferably not some creepy weirdo I once dated who keeps reading my blog! (not that I have any of those in my life...*looks around, whisles*) ;)

Sunday, 29 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home