Thursday, October 19, 2006

She Says Sneakers

Quirks?

It wasn’t bamboo shoots driven under my fingernails; it was just listening to Supertramp(shudders) . Perfect for Sunday morning, Breakfast in America, but a no-no for working.

Brad Paisley. Well, I like Brad Paisley. I’ll let him live.

Nina, well, there’s never a wrong time for Nina (or the Squirrel Nut Zippers).

Willy and I seem to get along almost all of the time. After all cowboys are hard to love and it is ALL YOUR FAULT….. ;-)

Right now I’m listening to Tim and Faith – “I Need You”. Pretty song. So is Dwight Yoakam’s “Try Not to Look So Pretty”…Happy songs.

Complaint.

I’ll admit I have naïve side, I’ll also admit that I can be polite/nice to a fault often putting other people’s feelings ahead of my own. However, when I have experienced men grabbing, giving what I will politely describe as “unwanted touch”, well, this is another story. The last time this happened was Thanksgiving when some fucktard friend of my brothers grabbed me and tried to throw me over his shoulder. He’s a jackass like this. This cat normally lands on her feet, but if he tries it again he’s gonna lose a ball.


Then there’s the “hugger”. How do you dodge the hugger? I work with a hugger I’ve known for years, for me his hugs feel like the equivalent of having a dog hump your leg (notice I said “your” leg, I don’t even want to imagine this in the context of “my”). OK, here’s how to avoid the “where’s my hug” guy: You load your arms with every available object, this works equally as well with the hand shaker. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t have an aversion to touch, or hand shaking in general. But there are some people I don’t want to touch in any way shape or form.

Where the fuck do guys get off touching? Boo – if you’re reading, remember the back- rubber from the stag? WTF? What are guys thinking?! I’ve never met this person before in my entire life and his approach with me is to feel me up?! I’m buying a flame thrower.





I’ll use it on people who breath to close to me as well and especially on people with ass breath.

Sans Sister.

I am void of sister. I have always wanted, hoped and prayed for a sister. The kind who loves you like a best friend, shares in your triumphs, cries when you cry, has a hug when things get rough, will phone up the creep who treats me like dirt and tells him just what a scum bag he is….Plan Christmas with….You know all that good stuff.

My friends who have really good sisters are so lucky. Some spoiled with sister love really. Makes me so jealous!!! Probably don’t even know how lucky they are. What do I have? A brother. Yeah, yeah he loves me an all, but brother’s aren’t so good at the nurturing thing, not like sisters. Sisters cook for you, bring you things, drop in for visits.

My brother is 4 years older than I am. We so love each other very much and he does his brotherly minimal minimum. It really freaks me out when I think of my mom dying and not having a sister around to ride out life with.

I wish I had a sister. Or two. I REALLY wish I had a sister. My life would be better with a sister. Unless I had a sister who was a twit. If I had a stupid sister, or a slutty sister, I’d go mental and probably plot her death. Or-0r, if I had a sister who was some cold feminist nazi bitch - I'd hate her. I'd want a soft, warm, happy, fun, supportive sister - kinda just another me! My brother's girlfriend is a nice warm fuzzy kinda girl - I like her. If she had a Harley, that would be good. Maybe someday I’ll get a sister-in-law. I’d wish she was older than me. Yup. Welcome to my little dream world of previously unspoken wants.

For my friends, Canada, Boo, Lou-Lou in Lousiana, Banana, ML, all the gals in my life are my sisters. I cooked some kick ass Thai tonight, maybe I ought to feed some of them soon….


Work

My territory is spread wider than…. well..let’s just say it’s vast.

Here’s how it looks:

HULL, QC
GATINEAU, QC
LAVAL, QC
WAKEFIELD, QC
BUCKINGHAM, QC
AYLMER, QC
ALMONTE, ON
KARP, ON
CLARENCE CREEK, ON
OSGOODE, ON
RICHMOND, ON
ALFRED, ON
ALEXANDRIA, ON
MORRISBURG, ON
ISIDORE, ON
IROQUOIS, ON
PRESCOTT, ON
GLENBURNIE, ON
OTTAWA, ON
GLOUCESTER, ON
NEPEAN, ON
KANATA, ON
STITTSVILLE, ON
CUMBERLAND, ON
NAVAN, ON
ROCKLAND, ON
RUSSELL, ON
CORNWALL, ON
BROCKVILLE, ON
ARNPRIOR, ON
PEMBROKE, ON
BURLINGTON, ON

Where the hell is Glenburnie!?
The last time I spent this much time in my car was when I was in graphic design and commuting two hours every day to get to College.

Living Alone.

After sewing the neckars for the kids Beaver colony the ironing board and sewing machine have taken permanent residence in my kitchen/living room area. I’m reveling in my singlehood this way. It’s liberating being a woman and having woman type stuff about. Especially my grandmother’s sewing box. Silly, weird the things that bring me comfort. My grampa and gramma were farmers and when I'd come to visit, gramma would always make Apple Crisp just for me cause she new I didn't like seeds in berries.
(BTW : Canada, that sewing, ironing night is not to be spoken of ever-EVER again, just grab a shovel and pitch in ;-)).

Omar.

My dear boy. Has requested baking soda to dip his toothbrush into to brush with. I used to do the same thing when I was a kid.
*blech!*

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Canada said...

Hey, from one who doesn't sew and prefers not to iron, I think you rock. Good thing you finished BEFORE the shooters, though.

As one who is sibling-less, I'd be happy to have you as my sister. Partners in crime. Sounds good. I can't wait until Nov 7 for our cooking class!

As for brothers being less nurturing, we have the opposite here. I much prefer it when Clara is sick, because Corwin is really caring, and nurturing to her, and very helpful. The other way around? Sucks. Clara is miserable at being compassionate to him, and is very insensitive. Go figure.

And how the hell did Burlington get in there? Shouldn't that belong to the Toronto/Mississauga/Oakville/Hamilton/Niagara person's territory? Because it makes no sense at ALL!!!

Friday, 20 October, 2006  
Blogger nancycle said...

True.

I accept you as my sister :-). You'd make a good older sister ;-P.

Looking forward to the cooking class too. Come to my place for a glass of wine first if you'd like.

Clara held my hand during today's nature walk with the Beavers, Omar on the other side. Corwin protected us from bears with a large stick. I love your kids!

The territory needs to be cleaned up still. I erased Halifax from it, but must have missed Burlington.

I'll be in Toronto, but only for a course the last week of Oct, first week of Nov. I think Halloween in Toronto should be a blast!

Saturday, 21 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home