Monday, November 06, 2006

Turn Your Head


Omar's fever and cough turned out to be pneumonia.

You know, it's weird. I'm watching "pretty boy" Mike Fisher
talk about his faith and how his mom would remind him when he was injured and bummed about missing a game that God doesn't make mistakes.

Well you know what? I think hiss mom new what she was talking about.

On Saturday I took Omar to the Drug Store and had a pharmacist help me pick out the right cough medicine for him. It wasn't until we got home, put our PJ's on and were ready for bed that I discovered that we were given ADULT cough medicine. I also noticed he had a raspy – gurgly - wheezy sound after coughing. I gave him a shot of my asthma pump just in case, he didn't get any better, nor did he get any worse.

The following day I went to purchase the correct children's cough medicine and mentioned the slight wheezing sound I noticed the night before when administering a half dose of the adult medicine (which just about turned Omar inside out - a face I'll not soon forget - menthol and a seven year old don't mix). Anyhoo, this second visit to the Pharmacy gave us the opportunity to get more advice about his condition and it was recommended that if the gurgly / wheezy sound returned, to bring him to the doctor to get it checked.

Sure enough, same time the following night, coughing began and the raspy- wheezy -gurgly sound...Fast forward to the chest x-ray and there it was, a large opaque area on his right lung, just where the doctor heard it.

He's on antibiotics now, grandma watched him today and he's doing alright - but the cough is pretty bad. I'll have him sleep with me again tonight so I can keep an ear on him.

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger crse said...

Oh no! Poor Omar! I had pneumonia in the spring. It totally sucked. Hopefully the worst is over...

Monday, 06 November, 2006  
Blogger Canada said...

I hope the rest of yor day went well. Are those the actual x-rays? If so, cool! Omar will want them for his room for sure!

I hope you both have a good night, and that he feels a bit better tomorrow. Talk to you in the morning to coordinate time for the Louisianna Lagniappe.

Monday, 06 November, 2006  
Blogger nancycle said...

crse - this is new ground for me, I've never had nor been around pneumonia before...I try not to worry, but then I default to "mom". He's not shown any real improvement and I'm trying to get my territory covered, grandma is tired and spread a little thin...I had a yak session with Omar's dad and we talked about returning to the doctor tomorrow - the meds I got from the pharmacy haven't measured out properly to last the full week. Geeeez!

canada - not the actual x-rays, but that's how it looked basically.

Louisianna Lagnaiappe - hey...what was the Lagnaiappe anyway??? I'm bursting at the seems right now. Better than bursting into flames ;)
HOT JUMBALIA!!!! FLAMBAY'N FUN!!!

Tuesday, 07 November, 2006  
Blogger nancycle said...

seams

not seems...

I'm such a Virgo.

Tuesday, 07 November, 2006  
Blogger Canada said...

That would be Jambalaya, babe! And now youy can define lagniappe. Good times!

That vacuum is MINE!!!

Wednesday, 08 November, 2006  
Blogger nancycle said...

Damn spelling.

You think the Lagniappe was the vacuum?

The one that will belong to MOI???

:-P

Friday, 10 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home