Sunday, December 31, 2006

Why Me.

Omar and I head out to get a movie for New Years Eve and some munchies, oh, and some very much needed cold medicine. My niece is coming over and we're gonna play air hockey or I'll die on the couch while they play air hockey while I conjure up and summon in the next decade of pain.

I digress, the grocery store. I had the course laid out, IN & OUT, simple and quick. Just as I took a turn down the wrong isle memorized and drawn by the hideous spectacle that is a red head's really bad dye job and long black roots. I decide to continue down the isle and low and behold, if my eyes don't deceive me, there is my ex boyfriend. Weird. So far from home. In my - MY grocery store. How dare he shop at MY grocery store!! Even more odd was that something made me think about him right before I went into the store. Curse me and my bulletproof intuition.

We chatted for a moment, he gave me a hug, (since I gave him my last cold when we first started dating, I though it ironic to give him another *I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish*), you look good he says - so do you I say all stubbed ub, how was my Christmas, what did I do...Country I say with a smile, he looks too happy and croons staring at me all starry eyed "it must have been beautiful", yeah it was (you might have known if you hadn't broken up with me), he asked about my new job, I tell him it's good ~ a little overwhelming - short notice travel stuff & getting started, he offered some words of encouragement, I ask him about his new job and introduce him to Omar who's wearing his Heelys and dizzying me spinning circles around us, I ask him about his kids, they had just left back to BC. I'm glad you saw me and said hi he says, he was looking for plum sauce and I'm hating him more and more every second for looking completely adorable. I say something stupid like they probably have an Asian isle…(that maybe he could go get lost down)….. Good seeing you. Yeah, yeah, good seeing you too (seeing your run out of air). Then we go our separate ways. Moments before I thought I'd burst into flames right thenand there, (my core temperature has risen at an ungodly rate) or pass out, either of which would have been just the note I would expect to finish 2006 in. This was even more awkward than the time Omar and I were with my mom down at the park and bumped into Omar's Dad out on a rollerblading date. Blech. Ackward. Off the charts. Why me. I'm sure I'm being cursed for not fulfilling my demonic quota for Satan as penance for living here on this hellhole called Earth.

On my way out of the store, I see he's with the brassy red head with the bad dye job. HA! HA! Of course he is, there is a God. Thankfully I was looking quite fetching with flowing blond locks and flowing red nose. I probably looked like Rudolph with a blond wig. I hate everyone. I guess it did seem a bit odd that his answer when I asked what brought him to the grocery store in my neck of the woods "picking up party supplies" was better than "Oh, boffing one of your neighbours".

Happy New Whore Everyone!


Excuse me while I go and die.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Dave2 said...

Gee... I hope you don't manage to die just yet, and survive into 2007. I just refreshed my blogroll, and have no desire to delete you until I am forced to look at it again in another five years. Hope your New Year is happy! :-)

Sunday, 31 December, 2006  
Blogger nancycle said...

Since dying is inevitable, I won't work on it too hard. Besides, I don't want to create any extra work for you.

Thanks Dave :-)

Sunday, 31 December, 2006  
Blogger Canada said...

Are you kidding me? What, he's trolling our end of the city so that once he breaks up with them (ON THE PHONE!!!!) he doesn't have to bump into them in his tiny ass town? Wrong, just . . .WRONG!

Monday, 01 January, 2007  
Blogger nancycle said...

Well interestingly enough....He did say that dating IN his tiny ass town was OFF LIMITS. ... Guess it's ok to treat city girls bad poorly.

?

Monday, 01 January, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so weird, because on Saturday a friend of mine here ran into an ex in an unexpected part of town at the diner. And I got a long e-mail from an old friend detailing the whereabouts of an old college boyfriend that I certainly didn't ask for.
I think there's some kind of deep symbolism that these things happen right at close of year, but it doesn't make it any less crappy.

Tuesday, 02 January, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok im way bitter. Wrote you an affirming post about general ex-boyfriend buyer remorse and just remember that YOU ARE PRETTIER DAMMIT. It was much nicer than that though. I. Hate. Blogger.

Tuesday, 02 January, 2007  
Blogger nancycle said...

diane - I agree the timing is weird. MOVE ON is a message that comes to mind. I think I've covered "your friend" on your blog :) heh heh heh >;-)

crse - s'ok sister! I FEEL your love shoogs. ;)

and hey Canada hates it too, she actually provoked me into changing my comments posting criteria after she tried to leave me a bunch of welcome home messages.

Thanks for the shooga.

Friday, 05 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home