Thursday, November 23, 2006

AVENGE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a Hounds tooth jacket, it’s lined, but it’s like a thousand hungry little hound’s teeth are gnawing at my neck.

While driving today, some lady on the highway was driving behind me in the fast lane making the sign for “phone” and then banging it down like an angry charades player. I glance at her in my review mirror and she keeps repeating the action, her pinky and pointer finger extended at her ear, “The Phone” and then dramatically she would do the air “Hang Up”. By the fourth or fifth time she does this, I notice her van starting to swerve. Yikes, that’s no good. I told my caller that the woman behind me was going to get into an accident if I didn’t hang up. Some people are so dangerous!

My mom and her twin, my Aunt Marg who’s visiting for the week came over to help me out with some housework. While I organized my office, they folded laundry and did dishes.

Here’s and excerpt: “Cracks? YOU WANNA SEE CRACKS!!”

It only got better.

I L – O – V – E , love-love-love my Aunt Marg. The two have been baking and cooking all week and left me quite possibly the best turkey soup on earth. And. As Aunt Marg puts it; the turkey didn’t just fly over the soup, it’s loaded with meat.

:-)

While the three of us worked, I scrounged for details to put my family linage together. I still don’t know my background. I know that I’m French, part Irish and part…. Stray!

GERMAN – Great Grandma (they don’t know for sure, she came over by boat, was an orphan and then she literally disappeared. My Grandma’s sisters were lent out to two wealthy families for home cleaning as young girls and both families paid for the girls education in Toronto. My Grandma worked as a cook for the men up in Bear Island – Lake Temagami, then she met my Grandpa)
ITALIAN – Grandma (dad’s side – Mob relations? She denied that she was Italian or maybe she wasn’t? Who knows?)
AFRICAN AMERICAN – Somewhere on my mother’s side they say.

These are questionable and under investigation, most surprising was that my Great Grandpa was from Holland.

Gotta go. Spiderman is on! Oh that Peter Parker. *sigh*



Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger crse said...

I heart aunt marge. I hate rude drivers who feel the need to make inappropriate signs. Im so glad you have people to make you soup buddy!

Friday, 24 November, 2006  
Blogger Canada said...

Are you kidding me about the driver? That's crazy!! Let me guess, on the 417?
Yay Aunt Marge, yay soup, yay for strays!

Friday, 24 November, 2006  
Blogger Boo said...

Sorry, but I gotta go with the lady in the van... every near miss I've had in the last 5 years has been because some a--hole is talking on the cell phone, not paying attention. They either do 60 in the fast lane, or cut me off.

I think it should be illegal to talk on the phone while driving. Say what you gotta say at home, or pull over.

Thursday, 30 November, 2006  
Blogger nancycle said...

Noted.

I personally don't like talking while driving and I usually do pull over if it's an option (I was on the 417 as Canada predicted).

Most are clients trying to reach me and I don't have mail on this phone AND work has been dragging their ass getting me a phone...So, in the meantime, I don't necessarily want to miss a call. My car is my office some days.

The ironic thing about this incident was that I was driving in a straight line, perfectly well and it was the moronic bitch behind me who was swerving all over the place putting herself and everyone all around her in danger!

Are you coming to my place on the 8th? I didn't get a call or evite response back from you yet.

xo n.

Thursday, 30 November, 2006  
Blogger Boo said...

I'm hoping to... its definitely pencilled in - sorta depends on parents' health and all that. He's still slated in for tests and Mom's still sick so I'm trying to be "on call" if they/she need anything.

Friday, 01 December, 2006  
Blogger nancycle said...

OK, just trying to get a feel - you've known me the longest, so naturally I want you there and I'm also really interested to see what you'll want to set for 2007 goals.

BUT, of course. I totally understand.

Your mom replied to my e-mail with and update giving his current status which sounded much better than the original reports - but by no means out of the woods.

I told her I couldn't believe the lengths men go to to get out of a little house work! ;-) She got the humour.

You're the good daughter Boo.

:-)

((((( endless supply of hugs)))))

Friday, 01 December, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home