Saturday, November 25, 2006

Read between the lines.

__________________________________________________________

I could use some help deciding what to get myself for Christmas. I have a store credit that I've been holding onto, and, well, it's Christmas, I'm single and I want a gift under the tree. So. Here you have it!

MERRELL Landpro Ultra Sport. Colour? Burnt Henna too flashy? Dark Storm, nice...Dusty Olive, too boyish or just right? Opinions anyone?
























Then, there's also a pair of Timberlands with subtle pink accents. I wanna try them both on. Unfortunately the Timberland website hasn't been updated to show their newest sports shoes. The pair I did try on looked alright, but they were a size too large, so, it's hard to say. I'd have to special order a six. Stoopid. As if size six isn't a common enough female foot size to have in stock?! Unless you've got canoe for feet...I mean really. A six. That's not some freakishly outlandish size. Being "petite", can be so frustrating at times.









I am told I will have to pay for the special order and have Shelley (she does all the special orders) bring me in the above Merrells. She works Mon - Fri only, so I'll have to wait either way. But these will make my spring hikes in the Gats so much more enjoyable. The Timberland's are waterproof too...

Oh ~ The stress of shopping! ;-)

____________________________________________________________________
Well, enough self indulgence for now. A co-worker has invited me to a Christmas Extravaganza that aids in feeding the homeless. This is an annual event, each ticket sold pays for 3 homeless people to eat dinner on Christmas. Sounds good to me!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger crse said...

I like dark storm too. I dont think burnt henna is too flashy but it does kind of look the shoe has been wounded. Not that Im opposed to that look!

Saturday, 25 November, 2006  
Blogger nancycle said...

OK, one vote Dark Storm.

I dunno about the flash, I have a unique beauty pair of white/red and silver Puma's I got in Paris...I don't know if I was ever completely sold on the red...I have red wedge sandals too, tasteful, but I can't seem to wear them.

Saturday, 25 November, 2006  
Blogger Canada said...

Ooooh, dark storm are real purty! Although the Timberlands with pink trim sound cool (except the ridiculous special order issue. Can you try them on somewhere else to make sure you like them and that they fit well?)

Sunday, 26 November, 2006  
Blogger nancycle said...

OK, two votes Dark Storm. The Timberlands ARE pretty, the pink accents are very subtle.

What I suspect will happen is, I'll have Shelley bring in both against my store credit and maybe send her off a link to the Merrells. I don't care if she has to charge my credit card providing I'm granted a full credit for the pair I don't go with. If this isn't kosher, then I'm likely gonna have a talk with Ken (owner) because a size six ought to be stocked. I shouldn't have to special order it. I'd love to know the thought process on that one. I wonder what is the largest size they carry...I *might* be able to try them on somewhere else, assuming of course that I have all the frickin time in the world to call a bunch of different stores...grrr....bitch-bitch-bitch...I'm best to go get the laundry done right now ;-)...thanks, good suggestion.

Sunday, 26 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home