Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A Quick Moment

I had no intention of posting this morning. In fact even though for the past two evenings I have been working past midnight and like this morning up at 6am. I read a post from Dave that really bothered me and before I embark on what will be another busy day I need take a moment for myself and let it all spill.

My grandfather died of bleeding ulcers and I've been freaking out because this is the third bout of pains in my stomach that I've experienced. I may have blogged about it at Christmas, I'm not sure - but I went to the country thinking it was the flu. Then the pains returned in early Jan while I was on the road and I was sure it was lactose intolerance. I was driving around, making my calls and doubled over in my car. So bad, I pulled over to a mall, went in and bought some lactaid in a desperate attempt to curb the pangs of pain. Then it hit me again on Saturday, again I reviewed my dairy intake...Sigh. I'm questioning my stress. I've made my doctors appointment. I don't feel as much scared as I do just hyper protective of anxiety levels.

I mentioned I met someone. He's a widower, his wife died of breast cancer three years ago and he has two beautiful daughters. I can say that having a glimmer of love has been nice though....So we'll see how that goes.

Back to my tummy. Work stress is all self imposed. The truth is all I want is to make ends meet and I know I will get there sooner by putting one foot in front of the other. I did an annual financial forecast, so I know exactly where things are at, and where I am going. The last thing I needed was the car accident - but when I'm too busy to write about the third frickin kid driving his/her daddy's car putting me at the receiving end and missing work, dealing with police, grr..I didn't even get to write about his lie.....*huff*

Omar? He was SUPER tied last night, because the night before I told him he could read for 5 mins in bed. I went downstairs, began working and lost track of time. An HOUR LATER he came down with a proud smile on his face (I freak out inside that he's still awake), but he's so happy he finished all 128 pages of his book. I congratulate him and tuck him back into bed, now feeling ashamed that I didn't follow up with him on time...ANYWAY...Last night he turned into bitchy boy and argued and argued with me about wanting to rip out something that was glued to his homework book (had he actually tried to rip it off the page, it would have ruined the work)...ANYWAY...grr...he insisted even after I told him it was fine, just to leave it...not normal behaviour for him...then I remembered about the late night....Long story short, I made it float, but it involved putting a cap on the whole deal and putting him to bed at 8:30...Now I expect to go upstairs and wake up a brand new child.

I send out my love in all directions.

Perhaps I'll take a moment tonight before I head out with my girlfriend to play a little tag. ;)

If anyone needs to be inspired, check out what Dave's been up to.

Cheers,
Me

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take care, Nancy! The sooner you can get to the doctor, the sooner he/she can give you some nice medicine to soothe your poor tummy. Do your best to relax whenever possible. :)

Wednesday, 24 January, 2007  
Blogger Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Don't be anxious. See the doctor. Ulcers are treatable when you see to it early.

Wednesday, 24 January, 2007  
Blogger Boo said...

I feel your pain... I'm currently undergoing physiotherapy for stress/tension related problems.

And I didn't even think I was stressed.

One day at a time. Little bites... all that stuff :)

Wednesday, 24 January, 2007  
Blogger nancycle said...

diane - Will do. Thanks :)

lone grey squirrel - OK. And yes, doctor early. :)

boo - Thanks, now that I have insurance again, I'll be able afford to do other things that are good for my body. :)

Thanks y'all!

:)

Wednesday, 24 January, 2007  
Blogger Canada said...

Hey chicka, so sorry your tummy is still bothering you. Let me know what Dr says. And how is next Wed for you?

Thursday, 25 January, 2007  
Blogger nancycle said...

I'm holding next Wed for YOU.

What are we doing?!?

Friday, 26 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home