Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Racing

Of all the things that don’t impress me much……….THIS on the other hand does.

My brother, as I may have mentioned, races and has since he was a teenager. He has built himself a heated garage on his property to further indulge his passion. I must say, I admire that; when a person knows what they enjoy and when they work so hard to fuel that passion. Which brings me to Omar. He is at that magical tender age of a Cub scout who promises to do his best and to do a good deed every day, save the queen, be like god, take over the country or something like that… and with my brother’s help totally kick ass in the Cubs Kit Kar races. I am thrilled to say that I honestly I haven’t seen my brother this excited since his very own last season of racing. When Omar sent Uncle an e-mail asking for help, it was followed up the very next day. I received several calls just today that mentioned car components being ordered from Arizona! PLUS in this two day period, he took a trip to the cubs shop and purchases two of their kits (one for him, one for Omar) in addition to being all over the web searching Rules. Regulations. So Omar doesn’t get a “DQ”…A D.Q. I ask? Yeah, he says, “disqualified”.


I suspect the kid will end up with a car that looks like it came straight from frickin Nasa and my brother will be right behind him with a big ass grin on his face.

JOY. JOY. Happiness IS….

In other news, I’m totally kicking ass on the field. Cleaning up just might be the term. Welcome SUCCESS!!!! I’m not much on material things (see: low maintenance)…But suffice it to say, that the purchase of my car with leather interior and seat warmers was entirely the way to go.

MORE JOY. Happiness!….

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Dave2 said...

But no matter what happens, it sure sounds like fun!

I never did any stuff like that, and have always wished that I had. Maybe it's not too late? :-)

Thursday, 11 January, 2007  
Blogger Canada said...

Oh, bite me on the seat warmers!!!!! It's the only thing I really want as a luxury in a vehicle (well, that and that the vehicle NOT be a van, LOL!)

Glad Omar is excited, and your bro, too. And a trip to the Scout shop done for you. Yay!

Thursday, 11 January, 2007  
Blogger Boo said...

if my childhood was any indication, (and adulthood), within my family, and yours... make sure he's got some padding and a good helmet. :D

Thursday, 11 January, 2007  
Blogger nancycle said...

dave - We head to the country tomorrow after a 7am !GAK! hockey practice. Let the wood cutting begin!

Is most certainly, is NOT too late. :-)

canada - I'll pick you up and take you for a ride =)

boo - lol! That's for sure. Thankfully these cars are only six inches long.

Friday, 12 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home