Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Pete and RePete

Omar: Goofing around on his chair, hurts his toe. (no visible wound, LOTS of tears and after I told him to stop goofing around on his chair, so any compassion is minimal to say the least)

Me: Oh-Oh. Do we need to cut off your toes?

Omar: NO!

Me: But why not, if your toes are what are hurting you, then we should cut them off.

Omar: No. That will hurt more!

Me: Hurt more!?

Omar: Yeah, cutting my toes off will hurt more.

Me: But I thought it was your toes that were hurting you. If we cut them off, won't the pain stop?

Omar: No! And then I won't have any toes.

__________________________________________________________________


Boy I hated when my parents would do this to me: "YUP. I think she needs to go to the hospital..." ... How, oh how could I not resist? Have I become my parents?! Is there some twisted satisfaction doing to your children the things that frustrated you the most? Parents out there, I ask you, have you repeated a parental pattern that you never thought you'd repeat?

2 Comments:

Blogger crse said...

Oh god. Im so ashamed but the clothes modelling. Cleaning out their closets in the middle of the day and calling them in with the "put this on so i can see how it looks". Could I be more annoying. Oh wait! Yes i could! With the spit wiping. Spit wiping was the grossest thing in the entire world and I would gag when i saw other mothers do it. And now, nan.....IM A SPIT WIPER! Complete with the "gimme your face" and crumpled slightly used tissue. I need help.

Saturday, 26 May, 2007  
Blogger nancycle said...

crse - LOL! Clothes modeling...I do it with him too (how else can you pass on the too short/too small stuff??)...Spit wiping - now there's a foul! TWEEET! I let Omar use his own spit. Be fair woman! ;)

Sunday, 27 May, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home